Oven gas not starting is one of the common problems that many people complain about within Whirlpool ovens. In this article, we will look at some of the most effective solutions to your problem.
Why Do The Oven Gas Not Start?
There are several reasons why the oven gas does not start, but most importantly, there are two main reasons why the oven gas or ignition does not start:
- The first reason is because of low-detailed wiring. This simply means that there are loose connections in your stove’s electric circuit; some wires might have been cut off, especially the thin ones which are used for earthing.
- The second reason is because of a faulty oven gas ignition switch. This switch is basically used for turning on the flow of electric current to the oven burner; if it fails, there will always be no or less electric current to make your oven work.
How Can I Know If The Problem Is With The Oven Or With The Gas?
There are several ways you can do to check on which area the problem is exactly. Here are some of the ways:
- First of all, you can check if there is electricity flowing by using a multimeter, make sure that electric current is flowing, and if it does not, even when the oven gas switch (underneath) and appliance control (on top) are turned on, then the problem is with the oven.
- Secondly, if there is electricity flowing and you can hear a small humming sound coming from your oven burner area, but your oven still does not light up, then the problem might be with your igniter.
Advance Appliance Ltd is an innovative and experienced company that provides a wide range of services for all types of appliances, and you can reach out to them if you want to avoid taking all the risks yourself.
How to Fix Oven Gas Not Working?
If your oven gas does not work even after checking, you can still try to solve it by taking it apart and rewiring or changing the faulty igniter. Here are some of the steps you should do:
- Turn off the electricity supply to your stove using a multimeter, make sure that no electric current is present in your stove.
- Remove the oven burner cover and door; this is to make sure that you can take both gas valves out without any problem or difficulty.
- You can now remove the valve covers and unscrew them from the control box. Disconnect all wires attached to each valve by unplugging them carefully; this will still depend on what type of gas valves you have. Also, disconnect the oven igniter plug-in.
- If your oven gas does not work even after replacing new or rewiring, then it is likely that it might be because of a faulty appliance control board. This is the last solution to try if all the previous ones do not work.
- Make sure that all the wires are attached securely before screwing the valve back in its place, then install the oven burner cover and door, turn on your electricity supply and check if gas is still working by lighting it up manually.
All of the oven gas not starting problems can be resolved by taking apart your stove and rewiring it or replacing defective appliances. If you need more information about these procedures, you can always try going to an appliance repair professional to have it fixed for you. Especially if you are in Edmonton or surrounding areas, you can try reaching out to appliance repair Edmonton like Advanced Appliances LTD.